Sunday, September 26, 2004

Monkeys on Bed

In the back seat of the car we hear "monkeys on bed". So I figure she wants to hear the song and I begin a couple of stanzas (10 to be exact) of 'No more monkeys jumping on the bed". On the way to our house David asks why I would start this song because she keeps saying "again" or "adain" as she pronounces it. Well, she asked for it and I aim to please. "Did you sing it to her before?", he asks. "No", I answer. So, here we are with a kid who knows a song we cannot figure out how she got in her head! She even started to sing it on the way home in her stroller after a walk to the park. Monkeys in my little one's head:)

Moral: 1. Don't start a song or a game you do not want to repeat ad infinitum.
2. Your kid knows more than you've taught them:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home